Saturday, October 27, 2007

I've Got Press!


This was an incredibly exciting day for me. I received a copy of Draft Magazine with my Island Wheat Beer Soap featured in their Style section.

The editor had contacted me in August requesting a bar of this soap for a photo shoot. Imagine! I couldn't have been more surprised and gladly sent them a bar of this soap.

I was hopeful that it would be included in the photo shoot but you know how that goes.

Heck, last year at the Harbor Marketplace in Kenosha, we were visited by Discover Wisconsin. The market managers sent them to my booth and they did some extensive photo work, but the day was not nice with much wind.

I eagerly awaited the show and of course told all my relatives when it would be on, but alas, no Patti's Potions was included in the show.

What are my hopes for this you might ask. Success of course and recognition for all the research and development I have put into my product and business.

This particular soap has been a terrific seller for me both at the market and with my wholesale accounts. Needless to say, I'm hoping that this unsolicited press will bring in the orders.

It is made with Island Wheat beer from from Capitol Brewery in Middleton, Wisconsin. I'm a stock holder there so certainly have a bias for their fine micro brews.

The beer in the formula adds an extra creaminess to the lather, so you see, beer is not just for breakfast anymore!

No comments: