Monday, December 25, 2006

Holidays and Resolutions

I think that it is always nice to know who is posting and what a person looks like. This is me, Patti, at our local Kenosha Harbor Marketplace on beautiful Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. This was taken a couple of years ago and except for a little longer hair and a pound or three, I'm that same gal.

I can't help but miss those warm days at the lakefront. It was an incredibly busy summer since I'm a vendor every Saturday, but as the gray cold days of winter settle in these bones, I just want sun and warmth.

We can wish away our precious days or long for the old ones, but I'm determined to take advantage of every single one available to me. There are a thousand things I could and should be doing, but I'm on call with my day job. Yes, it is Christmas day but I'm a surgical technologist and people get sick no matter the day of the week. Someone has to be available to take out that pesky appendix or help to fix that hip of the fragile person who fell going to church on this special day.

I should be taking inventory for my handmade soap business and make my taxman happy by getting my information to him early. Next weekend. I could be working on my projects to organize all my working implements in my designated soap room. Naw, that is too sweaty and dirty of a project with drills, hammers, and nails. I could be feeling sorry for myself since my family is out with other parts of the family and I have to stay close….just in case…… but I’m not. The quiet is rather blissful.

We had family over yesterday complete with a two year old and four year old. OMG! What a whirlwind of noise and activity! Fingers were everywhere. Upstairs and downstairs their little feet scrambled. The piano was pounded in ear-splitting k flat! We had to remove fragile possessions from the level of the little ones. And sometime soon I’ll have to scrape the handprints and globs of unidentifiable stuff from the patio doors. Meanwhile, I’ll just savor those little memories for a bit and remember my own kids when they were little. Did they really create such chaos at their grandma and grandpa’s place??

No comments: