Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Items on the website




Blogging can certainly be a challenge sometimes. I've had some recent posts that some dastardly cretin was spamming and adding links to a download. This download would automatically install so I've had to delete the entries and make the blog protected from these undesirables. Yes, it is a cross to bear.

I love to show off some of my mother's newest designs for her hand knit washcloths that are made of 100% cotton. These pictures are just some of the ones she has made available.

Mom likes to tell me she makes these cloths to feel "useful" and that the knitting keeps her hands nimble and strong. I'm certain that it does help her hands but she is always useful in more ways than just her contribution to my business. Thank you Mom for all of your hard work.

SM from Maryland is one of her best customers and has this to say about Mom's work:

"HEHEHE... well... tell your mom... there will be no set-adrift icebergs in her future...AND when her hands give out on her and she can no longer crochet/knit... then she will be revered and respected as the "elder of the tribe" and her wisdom will be sought by those who have not journeyed as far on the trail of life as she has....

Funny, how the elderly have these perceptions of being "allowed only if they're useful". AND (for me anyway).. purchases of those cloths happen BECAUSE she's your mom... Like I said, magic to magic... hers to yours.. it just heightens your Oh so very aptly named "potions"...
And sap (sometimes to the point of maudlin) that I am, I have a soft place in my heart for the crafts and skills of generations that have come before us... and those who still practice their "arts"... if ya know what I mean. What a treasured piece of history they are.. even more so when they "share" their skills.. y'kno??
My own mother was very gifted with crocheting... yet somehow her talents were never shared... sooo many stunning pieces of art Mich and I came across after she passed... broke my heart. (all I keep telling myself is Karma...karma will happen for ALL of us threefold). I have memories of being a wee child asking her to teach me to crochet... alas... never happened.. I ended up teaching myself when I was grown... sooo... I've studied these things hehehe... your mom sharing her gift/magic... will have big karmas.."

No comments: